Renya Xydis is on a very busy and envy-inducing international backstage tour, first creating the hair look for Zimmerman in New York, and now styling Maticevski’s Resort 18 collection and Paris debut.
With designs centered on a haute couture aesthetic, Toni Maticevski’s collection explored a masculine and linear silhouette anchored by square edges. This high-fashion look was complemented by chic, effortless hair, with an aesthetic titled ‘Tomboy Heiress’.
“The team of Wella Professionals lead by Renya Xydis proved their talent by working with the unique cuts of the models’ hair,” Toni said. “Some are cropped and masculine and some are soft and textured with a day-old wear. The effect is one of a natural beauty and wear with an ease of movement and youthful chance in its effect. Hair is treated with little fuss and a charm and naiveté, ringing to it an unfinished girlishness.”
“The Maticevski ‘Tomboy Heiress’ needed to have a bit of grit, like she had just woken up and put her hair in a clip,” Renya confirmed. “It’s relaxed and not too ‘done’ to contrast with the collection.”
Get the Look:
1. Prep the hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Shape Me from ear to ear down to make the hair stay closer to the head and look a little bit dirty.
2. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me to the section from the ears up to ensure it has height without looking too product-heavy.
3. ‘Drop blow dry’ the hair with a round brush.
4. Apply a generous amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me and ‘skip’ into the hair to make it look a little bit edgier. You don’t want it to look too perfect or soft.
5. Apply Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist to the left side then rake it through with your hands and fasten back with a clip.
6. Drop-tong large sections of the hair with a 1 1/4″ barrel curling tong, then blow dry again to make it look less neat.
7. Smooth a small amount of System Professional LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir through the ends.
8. Mist with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Styled hairspray for hold to finish.
For more information visit wella.com
Click here for Styleicons|TV.